Huge congratulations to all the nominees, runners-up and winners of the Business School Partnership Awards 2022.
The Partnership Awards recognises the exceptional work of staff and students who truly put the Leeds Partnership into action.
This year, over 100 people within our community were nominated for their outstanding partnership working. The judging panel commented on the high calibre of nominations and the innovative range of work taking place around sustainability, wellbeing, community building and excellence in teaching and learning.
Cathy Myles, Pro Dean for Student Education, presented the awards at the afternoon ceremony on Wednesday 27 April 2022 and extended her congratulations to all nominees. The Partnership Awards were held in conjunction with the Dean’s Awards for Research Excellence.
And the 2022 winners and runners up of the Business School Partnership Awards are:
Equality and Inclusion Award
This category celebrates those in our community that help foster a strong sense of belonging.
- Winners (Student Group): Mateo Bartra & Sam Mason
- Winner (Staff): Edgar Meyer
- Runner Up: Shahla Ghobadi
This category recognises the staff and students who are actively engaged in promoting and supporting international and intercultural activities.
- Winner (Group): Business Confucius Institute
- Winner (Student): Mingchu Wang
- Runners Up: Bill Gerrard and Clemens Hetschko
This category recognises those who use new methods and approaches to engage others or solve problems.
- Winner (Student): Jack Miller
- Winner (Staff): Hannah Preston
- Runners Up: Jack Miller, Jack Glazer, Edward Silverstein and Daniel Jackson
This category celebrates those who have encouraged and nurtured others, helping them progress, either personally or in their learning.
- Winner (Student): Anas Khitou
- Winner (Staff): Liam Vaughan
- Runner Up: Danat Valizade
Outstanding Student Award
This category celebrates the students who have volunteered their time to enhance the learning experience of their peers or contribute to their community.
- Winner: Jaynil Mistry
- Runners Up: Maya Spencer-Jacobs and Asif Ali
Academic Personal Tutor/Supervisor Award
This category celebrates the academic personal tutors and supervisors who, through their passion and leadership, promote academic engagement and a sense of belonging
- Winner: Danilo Mascia
- Runner Up: Mohammad Faisal Ahammad
Feedback & Assessment Award
This category recognises colleagues who use feedback and assessment to enhance the overall student experience and encourage students to become reflexive learners.
- Winner : Mohammad Faisal Ahammad
- Runners Up: Suman Seth, Vita Kadile and Christina Papadopoulou
Postgraduate Researcher Award
This category celebrates those researchers who, while undertaking their own research, have made a significant impact on our community or the wider world.
- Winner: Lauren Machon
- Runners Up: Justin Partridge and Nora Berghoff
Inspirational Teaching/Supervisor Award
This category recognises those colleagues who continually inspire their students, using their passion and dedication for their subject.
- Winner: Dayananda Palihawadana
- Runners Up: Juliane Scheffel and Danilo Mascia
School Community Partnership of the Year Award
This category celebrates those involved in creating meaningful changes developed in partnership with staff and students.
- Winner: Tai Jiang
- Runners Up: Nicky Kinsey, Rebecca Padgett and Lynn Pattison
This category celebrates those in our community who have shown a dedication to the wellbeing of staff and students and wider community.
- Winners (Student): Darcio Massala and Hugh Kendall
- Winner (Staff): Rob Stevens
- Runner Up: Nicola Bown
Student Academic Rep of the Year Award
This category recognises the student reps who actively work in partnership with others to secure positive, student-led change that makes a real difference.
- Winner: Rani Alami
- Runners Up: Anas Khitou, Jian Li and Karishma Mahajan
Leeds University Business School Overall Partnership Award Winner:
- Danilo Mascia